Sunday, September 28, 2008

Golfing on Kiawah

On Monday I was invited to play in a charity golf tournament down on Kiawah Island. We played at Turtle Point, which is the sister course to the more famous Ocean Course. It was a gorgeous day in the upper 70s and a complete southern golf experience with gators, Spanish moss-covered oaks, palmetto trees (palms), plantation style club house and even three holes right out on the ocean.

We didn't set any course records, but I did win 4 raffle prizes out from five tickets I bought. No one else at our table won anything, so needless to say, I should have bought a couple lottery tickets that day too (alas I didn't).

Looking back at the club house on #10

Spanish Moss on oaks...

This was one of many gators we saw and this particular one was right next to our tee shot, so while one of us hit, the other three of us kept an on eye it.

The first of three holes right on the beach (on the right)

I'm really developing that golfer's body...

3 comments:

La Famille Hatch said...

What a zexy golfers body!It's taken alot of golfing to get that body into form.I sure am glad you enjoyed yourself on that golf excursion. I had a blast at home eating Mac-n-cheese and watching Yo Gabba Gabba(my favorite show)!
-Celeste
ps- I still love ya

Teresa Bell said...

I just wanted to comment that I really like the music recommendations. I'm making a note of them to put on my playlist.

Teresa

the familia Acosta said...

David and Celeste, The photos were fantastic! What a cute family you have. You make us laugh David! Lily is sure growing up so fast...I thought she was still a baby but she is a big girl now! The potty pumpkin was VERY good. Too bad we all live so far from each other...wish we could see you all more often.