Monday, September 22, 2008

USMC Mud Run

Last Saturday we were invited by our friends Justin and Rhonda Griffin to run in the USMC Mud Run - a 4 mile obstacle race that, as the name describes, is steeped in mud. There were hills, trees, walls, mud pits, ponds, swings, logs, bogs and cargo nets - all of which challenged us along the way.

One hour and twenty minutes later we were scattered, covered and smothered with mud and completely exhausted. Mud covered every inch of our bodies and filled every nook and cranny- but (pun intended) overall it was an awesome time. To see the Mud Run's web site, Click here: http://www.usmcmudrun.org/

Nice and clean...
The finish line
We made it
The only injury was apparently Celeste's right arm and left leg, which started striking poses in awkward positions. Here with more stormin Mormons.
That darn right arm injury actin' up again.


4 comments:

Beth & Rob Bailey said...

how did you get the comfy seat at the finish line?

Jenny Slingerland said...

The injuries to Celeste appear very serious. I hope she ha recovered. - Ben

Melissa Stubbs said...

Man, I haven't see Celeste that muddy since our mud pie days! Those were some awesome times! I sure hope your fun run was close to the blasts we used to have!!!

La Famille Hatch said...

In my defence, my elbow was bleeding from an injury partly caused by Dave. He pushed me down one of the enormous mud hills and I slid into some roots instead of the mud pool.I had a huge bruise on my hip too!Thank you very much...